As many of us know, purchasing used cars comes with numerous benefits. But it is important to remember that while purchasing a used car in the secondary market, proper pre-purchase inspection by the specialists must be done.
Pros of purchasing a used car
- When you invest in a new car and take it from the showroom, its price depreciates immediately as soon as you take it out from the showroom and you may notice the huge decrease in the price in the next three years. Whereas with the used car you are already purchasing it in the depreciated amount. So the value of the money that you would spend will be always high.
- With a used car, you may find a variety of models to purchase within the budget you plan. Whether it may be a mini, SUV, sedan, hatchback or another, you can choose one at a price that is extremely lower than a new car. In short, prices are more favourable with the used car. The financing option for the used car is easier and more affordable
- It is important to remember that insuring the used car is easier and the insurance premium pricing is quite less when compared to the new car.
- When you purchase used cars from a good dealership they would have the complete history of the car and every single detail about it. So the reliability of the car would be high without any doubt.
- The two important parameters to look for while purchasing a used car include the year of manufacturing and the kilometers it has covered. When these two things are properly analyzed it can save you a huge amount of money.
- In some cases, used cars also come with a car warranty which makes vehicle maintenance easier than you think.
If you have made up your mind to opt for the used car then be clear about the selection you are going to make and the plans you are going to handle to check the quality of the car.
Cons of purchasing the used car
Though purchasing used cars have greater benefits, there are some few potential drawbacks that are listed below,
- Used cars generally have more wear and tear when compared to new cars due to their usage in the past, which means there is a greater likelihood of needing repairs or maintenance.
- In some cases, there might be unreported accidents, previous mechanical issues, or hidden damage to the used car that can affect the car’s reliability and value
- Latest technological advancements and safety features can be little lagging with the used car.
How important is it to have used car warranty plans in the UAE?
- As car ages, the chance for the occurrence of mechanical breakdowns and repairs increases. Used cars, especially those with higher mileage, are more prone to issues compared to newer vehicles. Having a warranty plan can help cover the cost of unexpected repairs and minimize the financial burden on the owner by reducing the out of pocket expenses.
- Having a warranty plan for a used car can potentially enhance its value. A warranty provides assurance to potential buyers that the vehicle has been well-maintained and protected against unforeseen repairs. It can make the car more attractive to buyers, leading to a higher resale price or faster sale.
We are the premium provider of used car warranties in the UAE
With us, there are various extended warranty plans available for used cars. These plans are often customizable, allowing you to choose coverage options that best suit your needs and budget. By selecting a comprehensive warranty plan, you can eventually minimize your financial risk and protect yourself from unforeseen repair costs.
Have a talk with our warranty advisor by calling us at 04 286 6222 to know more about our used car warranty plans.